Thursday, January 3, 2013

Summer Intensives Anyone?

This will be my first year attending a summer intensive (if I get into one). I am really nervous about the audition process and the actual summer intensive program. I will be auditioning for Boston Ballet's SDP Newton, Walnut Hill School for the Art's Summer Dance, and possibly, American Academy of Ballet's Summer School of Excellence. I have also signed up for Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet's 5-week Summer Ballet Program and am awaiting by acceptance (or denial) letter. Hopefully next year I will have posted more tips for everything summer dance intensive. Right now I have two tips for summer dance Intensives -

- Start thinking about which programs you want to audition/sign up for early (like October) so you will have plenty of time to take photos (required for CPYB, Walnut Hill, & American Academy), pre-register or fill out an application, prepare technically, and change your mind (this happened to me a lot).

- Audition/sign-up for lots of programs (at least 3) to ensure you will be accepted into one and avoid disappointment and a balletless summer.

Most programs audition in January and February so the schools have time to chose who they want to accept. My first audition is January 26 fir Walnut Hill and I'm super excited and nervous for my first audition ever!

Good luck at your auditions!

Peace, Love, Ballet
- Ballerina Bunhead

No comments:

Post a Comment